Since 29 December 2006, the Haute-Savoie Department has been the owner of the airport. Since 29 December 2012, through a public service delegation agreement, the Council has entrusted airport operations to the EDEIS group through the Société Annecy Mont Blanc Aéroport for a period of eight years.
Annecy Mont Blanc Airport is a platform dedicated to business flights, maintenance activity, leisure flights and civil defence. Today, the Department and the operator Edeis are working together to:
- Improve the quality of service for airport users (the airport is certified as IS-BAH – International Standard for Business Aircraft Handling)
- Limit the airport’s impact on the local population (work on infrastructure to reduce noise and pollution)
- Guarantee a high level of safety for all users of the airport
- Study all the ways for the airport to become a useful tool for the local region.
Annecy Mont Blanc Airport is a real gateway to the Alps and is fast becoming a useful tool for an economically dynamic area, offering an opening onto the world and to overseas markets.
- November 1930: Haute-Savoie Aeroclub founded
- November 1935: Poisy Gliding Aeroclub founded
- February 1938: The French State took over ownership of the land
- January 1946: Work begun on the airport by the Americans.
- The 1950s: A decade marked by a large number of air meetings – a real shop window for aviation
- January 1964: The Civil Defence began operating from the aerodrome.
- January 1972: Construction of a 1,260 m x 30 m runway and a control tower.
- January 1973: First ANNECY-PARIS commercial flights run by the airline AIR ALPES.
- January 2007: The General Council of Haute-Savoie took over ownership of the Annecy-Meythet airport.
- July 2013: Annecy-Paris commercial flights suspended. The airport activity is reorganised around business and leisure flights.